Maintain and Restore Your Gum Health with Expert Periodontics Treatment
As a member of Dr. Mila Paltac’s team, resident periodontist Rosalie Silvestri offers a broad range of periodontics treatments to maintain and restore patient gum health at our Saddle Brook, NJ, practice. Cautious and conservative in her approach, Dr. Silvestri excels at setting patients at ease. With over 25 years of experience coordinating care with other doctors on our team, Dr. Silvestri can help to meet your preventive, cosmetic, and restorative treatment needs at Dental Health.
Our Periodontal Services
We offer a range of preventive, cosmetic, and restorative periodontic treatments, including periodontal surgery and bone regeneration.
At your recommended bi-annual appointments, we will perform periodontal maintenance by thoroughly cleaning your teeth and gums. Regular office visits will help you avoid the need for more intensive periodontic procedures such as deep cleaning and gum grafts.
Regular dental cleanings are important to maintain healthy gums.
Cosmetic periodontic treatment can improve the aesthetics of your smile by creating a beautiful new frame for your teeth.
- Smile Makeover: For patients who would like to combine several cosmetic treatments in a complete smile makeover, Dr. Silvestri can coordinate with our other specialists to perform several periodontic procedures, which may include crown lengthening, smile lifts, and gum grafting.
- Smile Lift: Patients with excess gum tissue, or a "gummy smile," are often unhappy with the appearance of their smile. A smile lift gently reshapes the gums, as the doctor removes excess tissue in order to create a more balanced look. Smile lifts can also create a more symmetrical gumline.
Restorative treatments correct damage caused by gum disease and help renew your smile.
- Deep Cleanings: When bacteria reaches below the gumline to the tooth root, it can endanger the entire tooth. Dr. Silvestri performs deep cleanings to remove the source of infection and minimize the chance of re-infection. During this procedure, plaque and tartar are removed from the surface of the teeth, the pockets between the teeth and gums, and the tooth roots.
With over 25 years of experience coordinating care with other doctors on our team, Dr. Silvestri can help to meet your preventive, cosmetic, and restorative treatment needs.
- Gum Grafting: Inflammation related to periodontal disease (bleeding gums) often causes gum recession and damage to tissues above and below the gumline. Even after a deep cleaning has removed infection, damage caused by gum disease requires repair. Dr. Silvestri can perform gum graft surgery to restore lost tissue, protect exposed tooth roots, and catalyze new, healthy gum growth.
- Crown Lengthening: Crown lengthening involves the removal of gum tissue or bone from a tooth or teeth in order to prepare the tooth to receive a restoration such as a dental bridge or crown.
- Bone Grafting: Dr. Silvestri can perform a bone graft procedure to strengthen the jawbone in preparation for dental implants. She may coordinate treatment with our resident oral surgeon.
The purpose of periodontal surgery is to improve oral function and aesthetics by eliminating pockets of gum infection, repairing attachments of soft tissue to teeth, and supporting new tissue growth. In some cases, periodontal surgery may involve the stabilization of teeth to correct a patient’s bite. Consequently, periodontal surgery includes and overlaps with a wide range of procedures, including deep cleanings, gum reconstruction, orthodontics, and dental implant placement.
Schedule Your Consultation
With so many oral health specialists under one roof, at Dental Health we can provide successful comprehensive care in even the most complex cases. Contact us today to set up a consultation and discuss your personalized periodontic treatment.